What's On this winter with Christchurch City Council and ZM.
Winter is almost here which means we've got some massive events lined up to get you out of the house! Discover what's happening in your city by taking a look at the digital What's On guide - ccc.govt.nz/whatson
The guide is packed with lots to do like live concerts, Matariki events, sporting matches, and more.
Be sure to visit regularly as we will be updating this page as more details are announced.
Tirama Mai - Matariki lighting festival: FREE
Friday 24 June & Sunday 3 July 2022 | Cathedral Square
- Tīrama Mai is an annual winter lighting festival. The festival features a range of bespoke installations produced by local artists and lighting designers
- Tīrama Mai, meaning to illuminate or bring light, is a winter lighting festival that celebrates Matariki – a star cluster that once rises signals the Māori New Year
Go Live Music Festival and Industry Talks
Friday 22 & Saturday 23 July 2022
- Go Live Festival is returning to Ōtautahi-Christchurch this winter
- This year Go Live will offer industry seminars featuring music experts from around NZ and talented artists, playing live on stage over two nights
- Tickets will be live on Friday, 20th May
Winter school holidays – Saturday 9 July - Sunday 24 July
- This year celebrate 31 years of KidsFest
- KidsFest is two weeks of exciting activities put on for Canterbury families, kids (and BIG kids)
- Whether they’re into music, technology, the outdoors, or a mix of everything – kids will find plenty to beat the boredom this winter holidays at KidsFest
Christchurch City Council Winter Events is proudly sponsored by ZM.