- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 12 October 2021, 1:08PM
”If you feel like it, go ham on venting in the comment section..."
Yesterday was World Mental Health Day and our fave Kiwi Benee took to Instagram to mark the occasion with a lengthy and heartfelt post encouraging struggling fans to reach out for help.
"... I'm not happy a lot of the time but I have help! If you are struggling, I want you to reach out to someone, even anonymously." She wrote in the post, highlighting the fact that she has spent a lot of this year navigating her own mental health.
In typical Benee fashion, she even encouraged fans to go "HAM" in the comments, so people could share their feelings, good or bad, and "keep this dialogue going".
The singer says she wants to use her platform for good, and it was clear from the comment section many could relate to what she was going through. Several of her fans expressed that they were glad she chose to speak out.
Not to mention she got us a little excited by hinting that we could be expecting new music pretty soon too!
WHERE TO GET HELP:
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Need To Talk? Text or call: 1737 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.
Want more? Here's a bit we love from Bree & Clint – unleashed every weekday arvo from 3PM. They're always up to something!